Thursday, November 22, 2012

A sunny spot of pop up shopping


I was off doing a spot of gift purchasing today when I stumbled across a pop up shop. You know, this new craze where an empty shop front is suddenly filled to the brim with goodies for a couple of days and then equally all of a sudden it all vanishes again back to wherever it came from. A bit like a circus I suppose.

This particular pop shop was packed to the hilt with colourful goodies and well worth a poke around, especially if you like contemporary Australiana and all things pineapple. Being quite partial to this very iconic fruit, I fully intend to re string my  $6 white perspex christmas ornament and wear it around my neck.


There were Australian map and pineapple blackboards, sets of wooden Australian animals, gorgeous colourful ceramics and a fantastic range of tea towels. Perfect gifts for homesick Aussies abroad and anyone who loves Australiana, minus the kitsch.


The pop up shop is at 29 A Logan Rd, Woolloongabba and is open every day until 2pm this Sunday. But don't fret if you must have one of those map of Australia blackboards and you are not lucky enough to live here in Brisbane, they have an online shop as well. Pop over here and you might get all your Christmas shopping done before we even hit December.

I would have bought more myself (I am coverting that map blackboard), but I had just only minutes before, managed to get my paws on my first pair of these which I have been wanting  for ages but was reluctant to buy over the internet as I have very difficult wide feet. Hooves really. Thankfully a lovely little shop right here in West End is now stocking them and they are a remarkably good fit for anyone whose feet have bovine tendencies.


Having never owned yellow shoes before, can I say that it is impossible to have anything other than a sunny disposition while wearing these. Hoping Santa might bring me the red ones for Christmas.

And while we are on a yellow theme, I could not forget Roboboy who has been obsessed with this colour since he was two. It does not get better than this really. Lego + yellow = happy child.


If you want to find one of these for your own gang pop over to Mini Mayhem to see the range of colourful T shirts for boys.  Mine came from a lovely local shop called Handmade High Street which supports local artists and designers and is also full of amazing crafted goodies. Happy sunny shopping !

18 comments:

  1. What a lucky find...that shop looks great!
    I am going to have a serious look around their website!

    And I love your yellow shoes...perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pop-up shop huh, cool! their t-towels are pretty great. i adore your new yellow shoes-enjoy! :)sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are indeed magical shoes, they will make you have super powers, it will be amazing just how quick you will be able to get things done wearing those shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!!! I have been wanting sandals like those - have been seeing these bright pops of colour on a couple of blogs and have been wanting them ever since. I love pineapples too - have a few quirky pieces at home. Going online to see if I can order some of the pineapple tea towels. Elaina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah the Saltwater revolution! Yellow would be my choice too. Happy pineapples to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those shoes! I have been wondering about the yellow? They look great:) The red ones are already on my christmas list. I have wanted these for years and only recently found someone local who stocks them. I have the opposite problem - skinny feet and I wanted to try them on to.

    Great pop-up shop find, thanks for the link:)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pop up shops are great. They are just starting to happen in Adel. I have fallen in love with your new sandals. I will have to check them out and maybe put them on a Christmas wish list. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to corroborate about the shoes making you feel sunny. Totally the same story with red shoes. I have even made a new good friend in the past because we were both wearing red shoes and met in a pub, and got to talking about the psychological restorative powers of crimson footwear. So who knows what yellow shoes could generate! oh and the pineapple theme - so hip!!!
    Love, M

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my yellow Saltwaters too : ) I just bought myself a pair of the red ones also - you will love them! I ordered mine online, and now I have my eye on a turquoise pair... is there such a thing as too many sandals? : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a great selection of goodies you've found. Love them all! If only I had the time to shop myself - I guess I'll just have to wait until all the kids are finally at school. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Snap on the wide feet; I absolutely hate shoe shopping! Love those yellow sandals though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love saltwaters and havea black pair and want a red pair. Very very comfortable ! Here in NZ we have had something very very similar for years called roman sandals. We all wore them when younger. The NZones are getting hard to buy as they company that makes them has just closed after nearly 100 years I think. I stocked up for school uniform wearing. Go to www.sandals4u.co.nz or google roman sandals to have a look. I have 3 different pairs of these - a bit addicted to summer sandals! My salwaters are from a kids shoe shop - have not seen any adult shop selling them as yet. I have tiny feet :) . Pop up shops are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous shop. Some cute stuff that's for sure. You will love your salties. I lived in mine last summer though I wasn't as brave as you. Miss practical black goes with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool shoes!

    Check out my giveaway of a month planner, meal planner and shopping list pad and pencil for the fridge. http://takeshapefitness.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a cool little pop up shop
    they have some nice goodies
    Love your new shoes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute shoes. I used to have no trouble with shoes but since having the kids I find my feet are a wider so am not really keen on the internet for shoes either. They look great though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need myself some of those gorgeous shoes for summer, love them. Cute tshirt for lego loving boys. I've been meaning to stop into Handmade High Street, must try next time I'm near Annerley. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I literally just ordered myself a pair of yellow saltwater sandals! And am now off to get me lego obsessed boys some t shirts from Mini MayhemI I have been looking for a lego shirt for them that is not hideous for ages!!! x

    ReplyDelete